The Deplorables Tour aiming to feature Milo Yiannopoulos, Gavin McInnes and Tommy Robinson has been delayed yet again with the Home Affairs Department still refusing to make a decision on the visa application of all three speakers to enter Australia.
Nine Newspapers is exclusive reporting that Milo Yiannopoulos has been banned from entering Australia claiming he had been told this week his visa application had been rejected. This is disputed by tour organisers Penthouse Australia who have stated they have received no word from Home Affairs that Milo has been banned.
One Nation Leader Pauline Hanson had been lobbying Immigration Minister David Coleman to grant Milo a visa to tour Australia again as he had in December 2017, but on the Bolt Report Monday night expressed her frustration about being stonewalled by the Minister.
WATCH: @PaulineHansonOz says she has been fighting to get a visa for Milo Yiannopoulos and the immigration minister has been “glossing it over” and ignoring her requests. #theboltreport @SkyNewsAust
MORE: https://t.co/OKZnIvLaI1 pic.twitter.com/7cK1vyCx8S— The Bolt Report (@theboltreport) March 4, 2019
Last month the Home Affairs Department wrote a letter to Milo that was published by Andrew Bolt warning him that they are likely to refuse entry to a person into Australia if: “there is a risk that the person would incite discord in the Australian community or in a segment of that community’.
The letter went on the cite the protests outside his shows, especially the one in Melbourne which descended into a riot for which patriots and Antifa activists are now facing a criminal trial stemming from charges from the event ‘the protest at the Melbourne event involved violence between those protesting and your supporters. You were issued with a bill of $50,000 by Victoria Police for the cost of policing your event’.
The Deplorables Tour was set to begin in Perth on March 9th but the dates have been pushed back another two weeks to begin on March 23rd and still promotes all three speakers.
Gavin McInnes was reportedly denied a visa to tour Australia last November following a leftist petition against him which stemmed from an onslaught of fake news reports about the fraternal men’s organisation he founded the Proud Boys, labeling them as racist violent extremists.
Penthouse have said that with respect to both McInnes and Tommy Robinson (the only one of the three to have a criminal record) that Home Affairs has made no final decision on their visas. They have been promoting a petition on the tour website to lobby David Coleman to let the speakers into Australia.
It is clear from this drawn out process that the Home Affairs Department and Immigration Minister David Coleman are doing their best to frustrate the speakers and organisers as much as possible and put the viability of the tour in jeopardy.
The fact that this type of conduct is occurring under a Liberal Government which supposedly respects free speech and open debate is particularly alarming. A likely change of government at the next federal election would even further restrict the ability of right-wing personalities to tour Australia.
We will keep you updated on further developments on the Deplorables Tour and aim to bring you the real facts.