Trump Not Concerned N. Korean short-range missile tests “Very standard stuff”

President Trump is not concerned with Pyongyang’s recent series of short-range missile tests, the latest of which took place just a day earlier. Donald Trump said Friday that North Korea’s recent missile tests were not a “breach of trust.” “They’re short-range and I don’t consider that a breach of trust at all. And, you know, at some point I may. But at this point no,” he said in an interview with Politico.

Early Thursday morning, the DPRK test-fired two short-range projectiles from its Sino-ri launch site that flew a distance of 260 and 170 miles. The North Korean launch took place at 4:40pm local time from the Sino-ri missile base and the projectiles flew a distance of 260 and 170 miles, South Korean military officials said. Shortly afterwards, a US Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile was fired from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, and the Air Force reports it flew 4,200 miles into the Pacific. It was the second US missile launch this month, and the fourth this year.

“They’re short-range and I don’t consider that a breach of trust at all,” the US President said. He added that “at some point” he may start considering the launches inappropriate. “But at this point no,” he stressed, calling the tests “very standard stuff.”

In return for the removal of sanctions, Trump insisted on a deal that would see Pyongyang give up its entire nuclear programme, which failed earlier this year in Vietnam.

They did, however, agree that the two sides would engage in a step-by-step process that would involve the removal of some sanctions in exchange for some steps towards denuclearisation.

Like this story? Share it!

Site Managed by ManageWP® Australia