- Welcome to theunshackled.net/membership (the ‘Website‘). The Website offers monthly and annual subscriptions (the ‘Services‘).
- The Website is operated by Tasman News Media PTY. LTD. (ABN 94 627 759 184) . Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Tasman News Media. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- Tasman News Media reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Tasman News Media updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
- You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Tasman News Media in the user interface.
- In order to access the
Services, you must first purchase a subscription through the Website (the ‘Subscription‘) and pay the applicable
fee for the selected Subscription (the ‘Subscription
- In purchasing the Subscription, you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that the Subscription you elect to purchase is suitable for your use.
- Once you have purchased the Subscription, you will then be required to register for an account through the Website before you can access the Services (the ‘ Account‘).
- As part of the registration
process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required
to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or
contact details), including:
- Email address
- Preferred username
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Customer name
- You warrant that any information you give to Tasman News Media in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member‘) and agree to be bound by the Terms. As a Member you will be granted immediate access to the Services from the time you have completed the registration process until the subscription period expires (the ‘Subscription Period‘).
- You may not use the Services
and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Tasman News Media; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
- As a Member, you agree to
comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only
for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Tasman News Media of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Tasman News Media providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Tasman News Media;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Tasman News Media for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- Where the option is given to
you, you may make payment of the Subscription Fee by way of:
- PayPal (‘PayPal‘)
- All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using eWay, PayPal and CoinPayments.net. In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the eWay, PayPal and CoinPayments.net terms and conditions which are available on their website.
- You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Subscription Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Subscription Fee .
- You agree and acknowledge that Tasman News Media can vary the Subscription Fee at any time and that the varied Subscription Fee will come into effect following the conclusion of the existing Subscription Period.
- Tasman News Media will only provide you with a refund of the Subscription Fee in the event they are unable to continue to provide the Services or if the manager of Tasman News Media makes a decision, at its absolute discretion, that it is reasonable to do so under the circumstances . Where this occurs, the refund will be in the proportional amount of the Subscription Fee that remains unused by the Member (the ‘Refund‘).
- The Website, the Services and
all of the related products of Tasman News Media are subject to copyright. The
material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia
and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights
(including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including
but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio
clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the
Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Tasman
News Media or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks
and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Tasman News Media, who
grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license
whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- Tasman News Media does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Tasman News Media.
- Tasman News Media retains all
rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services.
Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
- to you.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Tasman News Media and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Tasman News Media, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- Nothing in the Terms limits or
excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or
imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under
them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to
the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Tasman News Media will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the
Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is
provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty
or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers,
employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Tasman News Media make any
express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any
products or Services (including the products or Services of Tasman News Media)
referred to on the Website. includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage
you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Tasman News Media; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- Tasman News Media’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Tasman News Media, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Tasman News Media as set out below.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- providing Tasman News Media with 2 days’ notice of your intention to terminate; and
- closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where Tasman News Media has made this option available to you.
- Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Tasman News Media via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage.
- Tasman News Media may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Tasman News Media is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by Tasman News Media is, in the opinion of Tasman News Media, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Tasman News Media reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Tasman News Media’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- You agree to indemnify Tasman News Media, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
- If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
- A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
- On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the
parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘)
- Within 14 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Melbourne, Australia.
- All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- If 21 days have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
- The Services offered by Tasman News Media is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Victoria, Australia.
- The Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
- Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.